Saturday 11 January 2014

I believe I am getting closer to perfecting the contact printing process, still thought I am hoping to improve it even further. I have recently started a death inspired project (yet again) and I'd actually try to concentrate this time purely on portraits (a very new territory for me). I haven't had the chance to photograph much and so far I've managed to get a one self portrait combined with already existing photograph of a dying rose (previously posted on this blog).
What I am heavily experimenting with is a negative overlaying under a glass, as I would like to skip the Photoshop overlay and replace it with a real time hands on technique. I am not getting anywhere at the moment, but I'm hoping there will be a way of achieving this effect somehow. I will keep trying!
For now, I will be creating an image in Photoshop and print it under the glass. A couple of examples below, one showing my first successful toning done by bleaching the blue cyanotype and toning it in green tea for about an hour.
More soon...






No comments:

Post a Comment