Sunday 14 June 2015

London

London visit yesterday was very amusing. Plenty of entertaining street occurrences, like the Irish dancing church hating Jew and his drunken add on companions (pic below).



On a more serious note, I did manage to finally make my way to The Photographers Gallery in Ramillies Street, where I saw the exhibition of work by a Hungarian born artist Tamas Dezso, who captures post communism era in countries like Hungary and Romania. I clearly remember his work being featured in British Journal of Photography a few months ago, as they stunned me with their clear honesty and an unquestionable beauty. Although the main element of his photographs are poverty and struggle, I can't help but to see them as very poignant and melancholic, almost attempting to seek the beauty amongst the constantly deteriorating landscape and its inhabitants. Examples of his work below.









No comments:

Post a Comment