Friday 5 September 2014

I will be officially starting with OCA tomorrow afternoon. The materials seem very interesting and I really look forward to cracking on with the exercises. In fact, Assignment number one sounds really fascinating, it aims to picture the 'engagement with lives, experiences and histories of local community and its people'. As I have no such thing as any sort of engagement with my surroundings I will have to concentrate on capturing the lack of it. I shall be portraying an experience of a passive observer. Alderney is my prison, an exile and if I need to deliver an honest account of my engagement with my surroundings it will be that of a stranger living in a foreign land and against its will.

Moving onto a more positive subject, I have today received a new 'best friend'. A beautiful 23mm f1.4 Fujinon wide angle lens, which I simply cannot fault. I am hoping that paired with my X-Pro1 it will get me through the most of my Documentary module. A simply stunning performer, super fast and with a beautiful bokeh. I attach some straight from the camera test photos taken earlier today.

f1.4; 1/55s
f1.4; 1/40s
f4.0; 1/450s
f1.4; 1/3800s
f6.4; 1/250s

f10; 1/60s


f11; 1/80s

f2.8; 1/950s

f11; 1/450s


... and an edited shot of the ODEON



No comments:

Post a Comment